Pumpkin Banana Mousse Tart

Still looking for that perfect Thanksgiving dessert? Here's one that I tested out in this year's search: Pumpkin Banana Mousse Tart.

From Ms. Barefoot Contessa, a spiced graham cracker crust holds a custardy, pumpkin-banana filling. This can be made into one big tart or several little ones.

Only the crust is baked. The filling is simmered in a bowl over bubbling water until hot and thickened.

I chalk this one up as a great substitute for the same-old, same-old pumpkin pie. The banana flavor is definitely evident, but it pairs well with the pumpkin and added orange zest. It was a big hit in our house. I made a smaller tart (9-inch) for the teachers at school and made three little ones for us to sample at home (which my family thanked me for!)

You can get fancy with your whipped cream decorations or keep it simple with a layer on top.

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: