Candy Corn Cookie Bark

With only 5 days until Halloween, my little one politely requested that I make Cinnamon Werewolves, Strawberry Dracula's and Grape Frankenstein's this week. Here's a bit of our conversation:
.......................................................................................................

me: "Where did those ideas come from?"
kiddo: "They're cookies that this kid made in a book that I read. All of the recipes and directions are in the book."

me: "Oh... those sound like some cool cookies, but mommy has been very busy making other Halloween treats, so maybe I can save those neat ideas for next year. How about something that has oreos and candy corn in it instead?"
kiddo: "Ok, Mom. But I'd still like some of those Strawberry Draculas."
.......................................................................................................

I'm not sure I'll have time to make the Strawberry Dracula's this week, but here's the simple one that I had in mind. Only 5 ingredients are needed for this sweet and colorful Halloween treat...
Candy Corn Cookie Bark .

1. Oreos
2. Pretzels
3. Candy Corn (or if you don't care for the stuff, you can sub Reeses Pieces or M&M's)


4. White chocolate wafers (don't even think of trying to use the little white chocolate chips... they don't melt and you'll have a big chunky unmelted chocolate mess on your hands). You can get these at a baking store, or you can get the Wilton's brand candy melts at craft stores (like Michael's).

5. Orange & brown sprinkles (or Halloween M&M's!)

Chill until hardened, and then you can take it out and pick up the whole thing like one giant piece of cookie bark. Gently break it apart into small pieces for serving.


At the request of my little Sweetie, I'll be checking out what exactly is involved in the making of Strawberry Dracula's. No promises... but it is nice to see that my kiddo is plowing through books (and books with recipes in them is a bonus!)

~Happy Halloween week!~

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: ,