Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Smitten with Trader Joe's... and some awards!

If you're lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's in your neck of the woods, you will agree that they have some awfully good products. And the fun part about shopping there is that you're always discovering new ones.


Now, I'm not much of a frozen-food kinda gal at all. But Trader Joe's has some frozen gems worth trying. This is one of them. These burgers are big, they grill up nicely, and they don't taste like cardboard.


We topped our burgers with jalapeno cheddar, guacamole, lettuce & tomato (and a squeeze of lime.) The whole family loved these. I'd say they're worth trying, for sure.


Smitten Kitchen has a Roasted Spiced Sweet Potatoes recipe that made a nice little side to our juicy burgers. These were simply awesome.

And now for a little bizness. I think I mentioned that I'm in the middle of a website overhaul/design... and that's why I haven't been a good little blogger in terms of visiting and commenting as often as usual. It will be a several-months-long-project before the thing is finally finished. I'm taking deep breaths and working as quickly as I can. I've also been remiss in acknowledging a couple of awards that have been passed my way.

Psychgrad from Equal Opportunity Kitchen passed along the Make My Day award. Thank you. You make my day too, Psychgrad! I'll pass this award along to the following five blogs who continually make my day with their witty writing and interesting choices for blog posts:

*Noble Pig
*The Leftover Queen
*Cakespy
*A Southern Grace
*White on Rice Couple

Another lovely award was passed along to me from Cookie Baker Lynn: The Yummy Blog award. Thanks Lynn... your blog is equally yummy!!

I could give this award to all of you, really. For now I'll pick five favorite yummy blogs:
*Genesis of a Cook
*Canary Girl
*Bake or Break
*Taste and Tell
*My Sweet and Saucy

Go forth and pass along these little awards to other yummy blogs and 'make their day!!'

20 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

I love TJ's but have not tried these, I'll definatly check them out, thanks. And congrats on your new website to come!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

First off, thanks so much for the award! You are too nice! Secondly, my husband and I have been addicted to these burgers for soooo long...I love Trader Joe's!

Gretchen Noelle said...

So. Not. Fair.
I miss TJ's so much and am reminded whenever people talk about their stuff. Congrats on your awards and wow...a website overhaul...hope it goes quickly for you!

Jenny said...

My sister always tells me about these burgers that I have yet to try. They sound incredible! I'll have to pick some up next time for sure!

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

Thank you SO MUCH LORI! You just totally made MY day! :)

I love TJ's too! I used to shop there all the time when we were in New England. Alas there is not a single one in the state of FL...arghhhh...I used to love their buffalo burgers with their garlic steak fries, simple and easy for those "night off" from the kitchen!

Best of luck with your overhaul, I can TOTALLY relate, as we are STILL in the process of overhauling the Foodie Blogroll. I swear it feels like forever! But I know it'll be worth it in both cases!

:)

Sharon said...

I think TJ's has accomplished quite the overhaul of the frozen foods world. Their dumplings are delish! I'll have to try these as well.

Congrats on the awards! :)

Mike of Mike's Table said...

I've never been, but good to hear there's some good stuff out there. Also, good luck with the site redesign! I just got mine up the other day...still a few gotchas I need to deal with, but it felt good to be (mostly) done with it. And congrats on the awards

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

These look great....I miss Trader Joes. I ADORE sweet potato fries and chips.

Erinn said...

My girlfriend recently turned me on to those patties, so delicious.
And the fries? My weakness.
Congrats on the recognition, although I haven't been reading long, from what I've seen/read so far, you deserve it. Thanks for enjoyable posts and great recipes.

Robin Sue said...

I am glad you reviewed the TJ burgers. It is so fun to shop in there but sometimes you never know if the new thing is good or not. So many times I look in other's carts to see what they are getting then if they say it is good I leave my kids in line and get some for me too! Crazy, I know!

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Oh how I miss Trader Joes. Congrats on the awards!

ali said...

RecipeGirl, you're always a good little blogger!

Can't wait to see the new site.

ali said...

RecipeGirl, you're always a good little blogger!

Can't wait to see the new site.

adventuresinshaw said...

I LOVE Trader Joe's! They have the most delicious private label goodies! And the people are always so friendly and the lines move sooo quickly!

Grace said...

i'm not much for frozen foods either, but with enough guacamole, almost any burger is edible and delicious!

and thank you so much for the recognition--i gladly accept your award and dedicate it to the man who installed my internet connection, for without him, i could not blog. :)

VeggieGirl said...

I love Trader Joe's!! :0)

Congratulations on the blogging awards!!! Definitely well-deserved.

noble pig said...

Thanks for the award but THANKS for burger Trader Joes tip, I'm going to look for these!

Deborah said...

You are too nice!! It always means a lot to get an award from a fellow blogger.

I SO wish we had a Trader Joes. I have total TJ envy!

Lori Lynn said...

Your photo looks so good, TJs should use that one on the box. You make it sound so delicious, I have to give it a try!

Tarah said...

AIIE! I'm just now seeing that I was one of the people you choose! :O

Thank you! :S
You really made my day!!