A Tried and True Favorite: Avocado- Pine Nut Salad

I've been making this Avocado- Pine Nut Salad for YEARS. First discovered at my sister's house eons ago while plowing through her loads of cookbooks, this has since become a classic family favorite. Need a great salad for a potluck? This is it. Need a salad that most people will eat? This is it. Need a new side salad for dinner because you're tired of the same old thing? This is it. Want to impress your guests? Can't help you there, but this salad will help.

It's simple, and it's darn good. Many in my extended family and network of friends have now incorporated this salad into their meal rotations. It's that good! When I helped to publish the San Diego Junior League cookbook, California Sol Food, a few years ago- I submitted this recipe for review. We published it as "Summer Salad," and added grilled chicken to the ingredients to make it a main dish salad- it's wonderful that way too.

Pine nuts in anything are ok by me. And toasted... well, if they can make it to the dish before being completely devoured then that's just a miracle. I love toasted pine nuts in a salad. Add some vine-ripened tomatoes, Haas avocados, a sprinkle of mozzarella, and a tangy white-wine vinaigrette and you have this salad.

And since it's a tried and true fave, I'm submitting it to Psychgrad & Giz at Equal Opportunity Kitchen for their Tried, Tested and True blog event.

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: ,