St. Patrick's Day Recipes

Looking ahead to the big Irish day... I can't officially call it a tradition in my house as I'm of Swedish/Portuguese ancestry and not Irish. But my husband is just about as Irish- Catholic as they come (and he enjoys his beer) so that gives us reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Here are a few faves from our big St. Patrick's Day bash last year:

One of the traditional side dishes, Colcannon, is basically mashed potatoes with pancetta, green onions, and shredded cooked cabbage mixed in. We love this stuff, and it's a great recipe.

This is absolutely the best Irish Soda Bread recipe I've tried: Irish Soda Bread with Raisins and Caraway (I leave out the caraway.) Baked in a cast-iron skillet, it's as moist as can be. Great sliced up for breakfast too!

Ironically, I'm lacking a to-die-for corned beef recipe. I usually just let the pre-seasoned stuff simmer in a slow cooker all day and it turns out just fine. But this recipe for Grilled Reuben Sandwiches is a delicious way to use up that leftover corned beef (if you have any!)

I LOOOOOOOOVE this recipe for Irish Bread Pudding with Caramel Whiskey Sauce. Totally amazing. Everyone at our dinner party raved about this one.


This Irish Cream Bundt Cake is pretty darn good too!

Feeling inspired to plan a St. Patrick's Day dinner?

All of the above recipes can be found by clicking on the recipe titles.

Labels: , , , ,