Nigella's Pear and Ginger Muffins

I'm *officially* up and around again after my hospital stay, and I'm feeling much, much better (thanks so much for all of the well wishes sent my way.)

I've definitely been in need of a little comfort around here, and nothing says comfort like a good, warm, homemade muffin. Not having quite the energy yet to cook much, I needed an easy recipe. Nigella Lawson's newest cookbook- Nigella Express- had such a recipe: Pear and Ginger Muffins. And it served another purpose too: using up that never-ending bag of pears from Costco.

Simple= whisk the dry, whisk the wet, combine, add pears and scoop into tins. There's a sprinkle of brown sugar on top. I made 6 giant muffins with this recipe, so it would typically make 12 regular-sized muffins.

They rose nicely and were super moist. With 1 teaspoon of ginger within, they definitely had a ginger flavor. Fresh pears were the way to go- they were just so delicious, especially when eaten while warm and oozing with the juicy fruit. The brown sugar gave it a crispy crust of sweetness on top.

This comforting muffin recipe can be found HERE.

And now for a THANK YOU... a couple of weeks ago, Cookie Baker Lynn sent the E for Excellence Award my way. Lynn and her blog are truly a source of inspiration for me. She has wonderful photography, delightful stories, and well-chosen recipes. Thank you Lynn for recognizing me!

This award is passed along to all of the other inspirational, excellent blogs out there. If I've ever commented on your blog, consider yourself a winner! If I've not yet commented on your blog, then comment on mine so I can have the opportunity to discover yours! My google reader is bursting with wonderful food blog talent these days!!

Labels: ,