Irish Soda Bread Muffins

I have a love-hate relationship with Irish soda bread. It can be dry. It can be underwhelming. And what do you do with the leftovers? I'm a fan of good Irish soda bread. But I've definitely tried my share of duds. I find that it makes for a good breakfast treat.... and my 6 year old often requests it. So I found this recipe for Irish Soda Bread Muffins- definitely perfect for breakfast and easy to throw in the freezer to have on a moment's notice.

I chose to make these in my giant muffin tins- the recipe turns out 5 giant muffins. The recipe includes instructions for making regular-sized muffins too.

Three easy steps: The dry ingredients are cut with butter. Eggs and buttermilk are added. Currants and caraway seeds are added last. We left out the caraway seeds because my son thought they looked "icky." And I personally think they're kind of icky too!

They rise up nicely, and they're definitely most delicious directly out of the oven!

We loved these muffins... super moist and great for breakfast. Just add a smidge of butter, and my little one recommends a squiggle of honey on them too.

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: ,