Buttermilk Brown Sugar Waffles

Happy Weekends begin with comforting breakfasts!

When I was little I remember begging my mother, along with my siblings, to go to Winchell's Donuts for a special treat on the weekends. Once in a while we talked our way into that one. More often though, Mom made special weekend breakfasts... usually waffles, pancakes or French toast. My favorite was waffles- the round kind from the older-style waffle irons. I try to do the same as Mom... an occasional fun breakfast on the weekends for my family.

By special request today from my 6 year old... "Waffles Mommy! Please???" Dang it! Those cute, little dimples get me every time. So waffles it was: Buttermilk- Brown Sugar Waffles. Since we received our Belgian waffle iron as a wedding gift well over ten years ago, I think I can count on my hand the number of times it's been put to use. Today... it was put to good use!

We ate our waffles with a smidge of butter, real maple syrup and a dusting of powdered sugar. There really is a distinct difference between- shall we say- box waffles and homemade. It took me a whole 3 minutes more to put this recipe together than it would have if I had taken out a box. Really people... make homemade waffles! Delicious praise was given for preparing this breakfast creation.... These are the best waffles ever! You're the best Mom in the world! These are restaurant quality! You sure can't beat the feeling you get when your child delivers such accolades.

Sometimes the simplest things can create the warmest memories!

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: