Bunny Cupcakes

Hoppy Easter!

When I saw these Easter Bunny Cupcakes on Betty Crocker, I was quite certain I could jazz them up a bit to make a delicious Easter treat that would appeal to adults as well as children. Betty uses a box mix and canned frosting (which you could certainly do.) I made Basic White Cupcakes (a doctored up cake mix recipe) and my own Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Here are the little goodies you'll need:

The "eyes" are from a cake decorating shop. If you have trouble finding those, you can sub anything small and round- snip off the end of a blue jellybean, etc. The noses and whiskers I was able to find in my market's bulk candy aisle- the pink noses are those little chocolate chip-shaped dream mints (again, use whatever works for you.) The black whiskers are skinny black licorice, which was still a tad too thick so I cut them in half to make them thinner. You could also use brown or black sprinkles. The marshmallows are cut in half, then cut almost in half again to make the ears- you dip them in pink sugar to create the inner-ear color.

And there you have it... little bunny cupcakes that kids go nuts over! The adults liked them too :) The cupcake tastes a bit like angel food cake, and the frosting is a yummy cream cheesy buttercream.


Perhaps these are the little creatures that have been munching on my garden already? Humph.

This recipe can be found HERE.

Labels: ,