Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bunny Cupcakes

Hoppy Easter!

When I saw these Easter Bunny Cupcakes on Betty Crocker, I was quite certain I could jazz them up a bit to make a delicious Easter treat that would appeal to adults as well as children. Betty uses a box mix and canned frosting (which you could certainly do.) I made Basic White Cupcakes (a doctored up cake mix recipe) and my own Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Here are the little goodies you'll need:

The "eyes" are from a cake decorating shop. If you have trouble finding those, you can sub anything small and round- snip off the end of a blue jellybean, etc. The noses and whiskers I was able to find in my market's bulk candy aisle- the pink noses are those little chocolate chip-shaped dream mints (again, use whatever works for you.) The black whiskers are skinny black licorice, which was still a tad too thick so I cut them in half to make them thinner. You could also use brown or black sprinkles. The marshmallows are cut in half, then cut almost in half again to make the ears- you dip them in pink sugar to create the inner-ear color.

And there you have it... little bunny cupcakes that kids go nuts over! The adults liked them too :) The cupcake tastes a bit like angel food cake, and the frosting is a yummy cream cheesy buttercream.


Perhaps these are the little creatures that have been munching on my garden already? Humph.

This recipe can be found HERE.

26 comments:

Emiline said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Melanie said...

So, so darling! I can't get over how cute they are and I'm glad you included some step-by-step photos and a photo of all your supplies so dummies like me might possibly attempt them. SO CUTE!

Peter M said...

Lori, you are indeed "crafty"...the kids will love'em tomorrow.

Karen said...

Those are darling! Happy Easter!

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

That is so cute and creative!

CookiePie said...

These are soooo cute! I love them! Hope you have a wonderful Easter...

Amy said...

Aw these are adorable!!

Shari G said...

Cute and adorable! Very inspiring!

Isa said...

So cute! Happy Easter!

Josie said...

You are too creative! Your little guy is very lucky to have such a fun mom willing to try these sorts of recipes/ideas. My mom would bake bread in the shape of a bear or bunny for me when I was little and I loved it. Good memories :)

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy said...

Lori, these are soooo adorable! I'll bet they taste great too! I wish I'd had time to make something cute this year. All I did this week was bake pies, write about pies and unfortunately, eat pies!

Have a Happy Easter!

Kevin said...

Great bunny cupcakes!!

Cakespy said...

It would be a "Hoppy Easter" Indeed for this happy eater with these! :-)

Psychgrad said...

Very cute!

Pixie said...

awww, such cute little bunnies!!! I want one! (or two or three)

Cookie baker Lynn said...

So cute! I'm sure they were well received on Easter.

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) said...

You do take Easter seriously, don't you? These are so cute. I have printed the recipe, because I am forever asked to do cupcakes for school and these will do for any occasion, not only Easter.

Carmen said...

thanks
I love very much cupcake

Liz said...

aww... these look absolutely darling.

Deborah said...

These are too cute!!

ali said...

recipe girl, you are a regular Martha Stewart. those cupcakes are precious. Happy Easter!

ali

Proud Italian Cook said...

That's so creative and cute! You make it look so easy with your great step by step instructions. Thanks!

Flanboyant Eats said...

oh how cute...i wish i would have seen this on time so i could have made them for my adorable niece...
very cute: )

Chef Erik said...

I'm going to try these next year, very cute :)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOL, too cute. My grandmother used to make us bunny sugar cookies and frost them w/cherry canned frosting and then top the ears w/coconut. We were kids and didn't know any better back then but I still miss those cookies. Your bunnies reminded me.

DCRose said...

I just stumble upon your blog doing a search on TipNut. I love these bunny cupcakes. I am a cake decorator and teacher and my kids class will love doing these for this week before Easter. I will send you the link to my blog when I post their pics and I will link it to you.
Fondly, DCRose